Big things DO come in small packages!
Everyday, parents are bombarded with marketing material for new childcare services. Often each is bigger or newer than the one before, all claiming to offer the best service and education for children. Bigger facilities, more toys, more play equipment, more programs, more of everything.
But then, amongst all the ‘marketing noise’, live those small, quaint services, without the bells and whistles or hype, which focus on delivering true, quality education and care for children.
Such is the case with O’Briens Montessori Centre. A small, quaint and homely centre in Modbury, South Australia. Sure they have all the new equipment, toys and teaching facilities, but this small centre prides itself on providing the highest quality of care whilst building close connections with their families.
Licenced for only 30 children, O’Briens Montessori offers a quality education program in line with the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF). Their educational program is further supported and delivered using the Montessori method of education.
Through a carefully planned program, educators at O’Briens Montessori aim to:
- Always form, build and develop the whole child
- Form awareness and appreciation of their environment
- Build self-esteem through experimentation, discovery
- Develop polite, social behaviour and respect for themselves and others whilst working in harmony.
The team achieve this through a structured educational program and carefully set up classrooms incorporating key learning areas of Practical Life, Sensorial, Early Literacy & Numeracy and Cultural Studies. To learn more about how each of the key areas are implemented at O’Briens Montessori Centre, please visit their website: www.obriensmontessoricentre.com.au.
The program is quite comprehensive and varied and includes the following just to name a few:
- Teaching grace and courtesy exercises where children can learn independently and have freedom of choice, respect each other, their teachers and their class environment.
- The arts, where children gain practical skills in different styles of creative art.
- Language, where children will learn a new language together with the connection to its origin and the countries’ culture and traditions.
- Sustainability and caring for the environment.
- Highly popular Jolly Phonic literacy program.
- And of course, geography including the 7 continents, sport and fitness, learning about the five senses and so much more.
To support the delivery of quality education, O’Briens Montessori Centre operates with a high staff-to-child ratio, meaning that your children have greater support and a deeper connection with the educators.
“We often receive feedback from local schools and community recognising that children attended our service due to their level of education and well-rounded nature“
Natasha O’Brien, Owner – O’Briens Montessori Centre.
Whilst caring and educating children is serious business, the team at O’Briens Montessori are refreshingly down-to-earth and create a beautiful family environment. Here’s a quick interview we conducted with Michelle Luscombe, Centre Manager of O’Briens Montessori Centre.
So whilst you are considering your childcare options, look beyond the big, modern and state-of-the-art facilities and check out a small, local service. You just never know, it may be the perfect fit for your child and family.